View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
cyndersk
Enthusiast
cyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch & Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
When connected to the content server you are seeing the books in your library. Tap on a book to see the book's details. At that point, and assuming that you have told CC that it can download the formats for the book, you will see two items in the action bar: the preferred format (highest in your priority list) and the word "All". Under "All" you will find all the formats you have allowed to be sent. See the screen capture below.

If you don't see any allowed formats then you have not told CC that the book's format is acceptable for downloading. By default CC uses epub, mobi, azw, and pdf. If you want some other format such as CBZ you must inform CC. See the FAQs in the thread Calibre Companion Android App: Information, Change Log, and FAQ, and in particular FAQs 11 and 12.
See FAQ #5 in the above mentioned thread. To paraphrase it here: when you connect as a wireless device, just as for all devices that calibre manages, calibre is in charge. You use calibre on your computer to send books to the device (in bulk), remove books, or query what is on the device.
Okay...I had it set up correctly...but am still not pleased so far. It's just not very user friendly. Nothing to indicate that clicking on the file type would then let you do other tasks. I've now got it working as well as it will.... it's just not what I thought it would be..... and I had already purchased Aldiko and can already connect with that to my library and download books directly into that app. One stop solution.

I'd go so far as asking for a refund....
cyndersk is offline   Reply With Quote