View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 04:19 AM   #179
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
I don't think the difference is deliberate exactly, but it wasn't one of my goals to do exactly what a Calibre conversion does either, for example it also won't modify every flow unless Calibre (or someone else) had done it previously. I do recall wondering why Calibre conversions use body for left/right instead of just using @page for everything. I know Calibre doesn't use body for top and bottom margins because that will only apply to the first and last page of a flow.

it's been a long time since I messed with this so I'd have to review the code in detail to answer this question fully. I don't think you'd get double margins from the plugin as it modifies both page and body margins - i.e. margins in body should be removed and everything would be in @page. It does sound like you're saying there may be an edge case if you run the plugin and then follow that by running a Calibre conversion. Calibre might insert the margins in the body tag whilst leaving @page alone, not sure of this, but since the whole point of the plugin is to avoid a Calibre conversion I'm not sure how critical it is. I sort of doubt this is an issue anyway as it could potentially happen with any number of retail ePubs as well and I haven't heard of Calibre doing that.

Edit:
Looks like I summarized the work I did fairly well here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=144

Last edited by ldolse; 07-01-2012 at 04:39 AM.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote