View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #166
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoods7070 View Post
Yes, that's proved a pretty big problem for me because unfortunately I converted a lot of my books when I first started and lost nearly all my section breaks. It's a pity those aren't marked up consistently in all books with characters or a break code instead of paragraph codes. The upside of my mess-ups is that I've go to know Calibre and Sigil a whole lot better. By the time I've finished wading through all my books I will be half educated.

Yes, you guessed, after a superficial glance to make sure lines had been removed and indents added I deleted the original-epubs. That was some time ago - I've only just discovered the extent of the damage I've done after reading several converted books.
It's things like this that makes me not advocate ePub > ePub conversations. Things can go wrong and if you don't notice it and think all is well and get rid of the original ePub, you then have a botched ePub that you can't go back and fix as easily as you could have before the conversion. It's best to do the fixes yourself by hand using a good text editor and Firefox or Sigil. I've been using a combination of Sigil, Notepad++, Firefox, and FlightCrew to edit ePub that Calibre has converted. Most publisher ePub, I leave out Sigil as the way I work in Notead++ is easier for me. But when I am needing to do things like rename a bunch of XML files, Sigil helps with that.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote