View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 07:00 AM   #7
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I was aware the blog post didn't convey an original idea, but I thought it on some level, worth pointing out.

I'm more into refraining from buying DRM e-books because that is where the dollar vote is. It may be all well and good for a person to buy an infected e-book and then remove the infection, but the sales numbers don't care about that. They just look at the numbers and go "Oh wow, millions are buying our DRM'ed books, we don't need to change a thing."

There are a whole bunch of innocent buyers out there who think e-books are all the same, and if they've bought an e-book, then that means they can just stick it on their device and it will work. I've encountered people who think an e-reader is an e-reader and an e-book is an e-book, and they're all interchangeable "out of the box".

Yes, this idea is nothing new, but I did appreciate the blog post, hopefully the more people who become aware of what DRM is, and what its purpose is, the more people will seek different standards for what they buy, and will even realize they need to.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote