View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
Best Bible app for a rooted NC

So what do people think? What's the best Bible app for a rooted Nook Color?

This was my primary reason for buying a NC and for rooting it.

Olivetree BibleReader
Olivetree BibleReader works well, though some of the footnotes are difficult to bring up due to the accuracy of the touch screen. So I find myself hitting the footnote identifier (the "a" or "1" etc) several time before it come up - actually this is really debilitating. Other than that Olivetree gives me complete access to all of the Bible resources that I purchased from Olivetree for my Palm TX (sold), iPaq 4700 (deceased) and my iTouch 4G (still in service). So a couple of hundred $'s of materials are still in use.

Not as good as the iOS version - doesn't do parrallel text - don't see backup function, navigation could be easier. Does notes, and you can add different icons to the notes for clarity and later review.

Cadre Bible
Works perfectly also, and has some great features such as notes, backups and parallel text. I do not have any Cadre Bibles loaded with footnotes to see how it works in comparison to Olivetree as yet. Also, I am having difficulty finding the command to turn off full screen. But the feature set looks great. It doesn't do the NAB yet - but apparently they are working on it.

Kindle...and I suppose the native B&N app. There are some great Bible out there that I trialled on my Kindle 3, but without a touchscreen, navigation was a pain. With the NC, I have a touch screen. I have the Ignatious Study Bible loaded. It is just the NT at the moment - but it is a fantastic RSV version with lots of commentary and by using the back key either in the OS or in the Kindle app, I can jump back to the text once I have viewed a noted. As whole words are the hyperlink, it is easy to use even with the lack of accuracy noted in the touchscreen. Of course on the downside, you have to switch into a new book / Bible / Commentary if you want to look at something else - rather than it being integrated as per the Cadre Bible or Olivetree.

LaridianThey are currently working on an Android version. No date as to when it will be released, but it cannot be many weeks off. This is one to look out for certainly.

So, does anyone else have any recommendations?

All the best,

Hal.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote