View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
but if they are supporting epub, it might simply be a matter that they have not yet gotten things up and running on the other OS's.
They are not supporting ePub yet. Which is why not including the legacy devices in the B&N badged Readers is confusing. I have seen reports that the B&N ebooks won't work using the eReader software on those devices, but I have not tried this myself. If true, then something must be different in the ebooks themselves.

Switching formats is complicated. Sony is about to go through this in its ebook store. They have the advantage of only one legacy device, the PRS-500, which they have been able to handle so far with trade-in offers. In the case of B&N, what I would do is offer eReader and ePub downloads of the same ebook for a while. However, they would need to get the publishers agreement to do this. The big advantage of this approach is that ePub can then be rolled out one device type at a time.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote