View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 09:02 PM   #16
loximuthal
Connoisseur
loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: NST, Kindle Fire, iPad2
That almost did it for me. I had to tweak it slightly to work on my system, so now it looks like:
Code:
if ( "$1" != "" ) then
        while ( "$1" != "" )
                ebook-edit "$1"
                shift
        end
else
        ebook-edit
endif
This allows me to drop one or more books on the icon or launch it empty. I am a happy camper now

I tried the --detach option but it claims
Quote:
ebook-edit: error: no such option: --detach
which if fine by me. I almost never edit multiple books simultaneously, and if I do want to I can still drop books one at a time on the script I've got now.

Again, many thanks, both for pointing me in the right direction, and then showing me the path again when I wandered off.
loximuthal is offline   Reply With Quote