View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
In today's New York Times there was a large ad for the Kindle announcing that the New York Times was available for easy download to the Kindle. Nice ad. Now where was that Sony Reader ad?
Are newpaper readers the "target audience" of the Sony Reader? I don't read newspapers, but I've had many different bookreaders. None of the regular newspaper readers I know have an eBook reader. A statistically meaningless sample, I know, but still it goes to show that there's no necessarily a correlation between reading newspapers and buying eBook readers.

On the other hand, it's an obvious place for the Kindle to be advertised because it has the specific feature of being able to download newspapers.

Companies have to target their advertising budgets; the readership of the NYT isn't necessarily the audience that Sony are going after.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote