View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 03:26 AM   #36
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
Harry says it all really. You let the Bebook win just because you give it points to totally irrelevant formats (what do you want with .RAR and .ZIP, you can't read it and why you would want to compress a book when you have enough internal memory to store thousands is beyond me).
For me the cybook wins because of the very good mobi-pocket support which let me read for instance the superb (but NOT DRM-free) books of George RR Martin. You won't be able to do that with the bebook because they don't support DRM'd mobi-format.
Also the dictionary support is amazing; it really gives an extra dimension to your reader.
In my opinion on the hardware side there is very little difference and on the software side the cybook is much better developed (at the moment).

just my 2 cents
I agree (even though I have a BeBook), at the moment the Cybook is better. But to me it seems that the BeBook developers are more active, or am I wrong?

I know that the Mobi support is sort of borked on the BeBook at the moment, but they developers have listened to the users and are currently adressing our issues. At least if you are to believe their posts on the BeBook forums
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote