View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Best Android Reading App for an 86 year old

I'm looking for suggestions for Android reading apps that would be beginner friendly for my 86 year old father. He just wants to be able to read his bible and some westerns in larger font and save the weight of carrying so many books around. I chose a tablet over an e-ink reader so he can look at all his photos from our recent vacation and listen to episodes of Car Talk. My step-sister and her 6 year old son would appreciate being able to use the tablet as well.

I only read on my e-ink Kindles, so I'm clueless about tablet reading apps.

I tried the Kindle app for Android and I don't really care for it. Not enough options (which I would set before sending the tablet to him) and I think it would be hard for him to navigate. I would like navigation icons to be visible at all times. I would also like the option to tap to turn pages instead of swiping, more fonts and font sizes.

I live California and he lives in East Texas. I would be able add the same app to my Android tablet or phone to walk him through any problems.

I will convert his books to ePub if necessary.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Edit: I guess I should add, I purchased a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for him not a Kindle Fire.

Last edited by daffy4u; 06-14-2013 at 03:49 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote