View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #2
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Thanks for the review, Don! That mobi bug is very odd... I wonder what causes it?

If you don't like the newest firmware, you could always go back to the old version. I agree that the firmware updating process is very involved, though it didn't seem too bad for me since I routinely flash routers and it's much more complicated (and subject to randomly destroying a device )

Here's a tip:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Plug It In, Stupid!
Right out of the box it wouldn’t turn on, perhaps due to a low battery charge, so I plugged it in and turned it on to see what it looked like. I was impressed by the responsiveness of the unit. I let it charge for a number of hours. I checked back after a few hours to find that it was apparently still charging. There appears to be nothing that tells one when the charge is completed. I unplugged it after a few more hours and started to play with it. (It appeared to be fully charged by that time; but again, there was no indication that this was in fact the case.)
When the battery is charging, if it device is OFF, you will see a large battery icon on the screen with bars filling it up (common battery charging indication). When it is fully charged, the rolling bars stop and you will see it full with little "glow" lines around the top (a comic effect). You can also see this if the battery is fully charged and you check its status via the device settings menu.

From taking apart the device, I would agree that the plastic slider bar is pretty flimsy. It would probably stand up to normal use as all it has to do is nudge some springs to register the button press. However, if you put a slim blade underneath it and tried to pry it off, it would break.

The battery could technically be replaceable if you want to pry the case open... but that's a bit of a pain!
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote