View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #61
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
When owning only 1 device, 45 seconds for startup aren't that big a problem. But if you compare readers, it's a bit annoying.
I guess its all in your personal habits. 45 seconds (or more, it seemed like an eternity) was too long for me. I had 500 books on my Cybook and I believed iut got longer as you added more books. I'd want to pick up the reader and read a few pages and put it down. By the time my Cybook loaded up it might have been time for me to put the book back down. My current reader is relatively instant-on. This instant availability is what I expected from reading paperback books.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote