View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 11:53 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Here's a great story from the Amazon Forums today. This isn't the first post I've seen on how life changing the Kindle has been for some people. Way to go!

Quote:
Robert J. Bacon says:
Annie Bacon

Dear Mr. Bezos,

I recently received an Amazon Kindle for an early Christmas present and need to give you a little background to explain why this is such a special gift.

Two years ago, I suffered a massive stroke which left me partially paralyzed on my left side. Reading, one of my true pleasures became difficult for two reasons. First, to turn the page of a book with one hand while holding it in that same hand is difficult and cumbersome. Second, I lost most of my left side peripheral vision from the stroke. The Kindle, in its elegant format, allows me to easily turn the page with little effort while holding it in my strong hand. In addition, with the ability to enlarge the type, it is exponentially easier to see the left margin words. By the design I naturally look far enough to the left to catch the whole sentence. The Amazon Kindle has restored my passion for reading.

Over 450,000 Americans suffer a stroke every year and you may have a market you did not know about. Stroke is little understood and recovery terribly underestimated. Your product is incredible. I wanted to personally thank you for this

Sincerely,

Annie Bacon

PS - My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are fully functional and love theirs too!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote