View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #24
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Another great Sci Fi book is Armor by John Steakley.
http://www.amazon.com/Armor-John-Ste...Steakley+Armor
Apache
Seconded. Unfortunately, not available as an ebook as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbneader View Post
Timothy Zahn writes excellent sci-fi adventure. The Icarus Hunt is a great place to start, but I like almost all of his books. So far the only ones that were kind of disappointing were his Cobra series.
I just today finished his Quadrail series and it's now one of my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
For something new, you might be interested in Resonance, by Chris Dolley. Pay no attention to the Baen cover.
Again, seconded. There's a Smashwords edition for $2.99, and it's coupon-able at Kobo.

A few more suggestions:

Mother of Demons by Eric Flint, available for free at The Fifth Imperium. The Baen CDs are in really worth looking through. Though the bulk are military SF (not really my thing), there is still a smattering of really worthwhile SF and fantasy. If you end up liking mil-SF, though, the CDs are the jackpot (several hundred books, I think).

Jack Chalker's Four Lords of the Diamond series (1, 2, 3, 4) is one that I have in paper and ebook and re-read often.

My favorite SF author is probably Alan Dean Foster. The Flinx and Pip series is excellent and I've enjoyed everything else of his that I've read. Unfortunately, many of his standalone novels are out-of-print and not available in ebook.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote