Old 10-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
doctj
Enthusiast
doctj began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-950, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Jerry--
My husband reads a lot of technical PDFs. He had a 900 and has since upgraded to the 650. He said he actually likes the way the 650 works with PDFs in landscape mode better than the 900/950. The 650 will split the PDF into two sections when displaying landscape whereas the 900/950 will split it into thirds. Of course the text on the 650 is smaller than the text on the 950, but per my husband is still very readable.

He decided to go with the 650 mostly because of the size. The added cost of the 950 was a factor as well. Since he doesn't use the wireless connection on his 900 and couldn't foresee wanting to use it on the 950 that wasn't a consideration for him.

Now, when I saw the 950 in the Sony Store, I thought it was very light--but of course it didn't have a cover on at that time. My husband's 950 is quite a bit heavier than the 900s. Even with the 900 in its case though, it was almost exactly the size/weight of my nook in its case. I like the portability of my 650 quite a bit better than my nook.

dordale
Not sure what your husband's settings are, but viewing pdf's in landscape can be viewed either as a single or double page. Having used a 6 in Kobo, the extra inch makes a big difference when zooming at least 2x even in portrait mode, with all the text visible on the screen. Once locked ( I love that feature) it's perfect.
doctj is offline   Reply With Quote