View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 11:12 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen Morse View Post
Could problems with case sensitivity be why I'm losing ebooks in my Calibre library?

I had thought it was Dropbox, but I've moved my library out of my Dropbox path.

Situation: I have a laptop dual booting Fedora 13 and Windows 7 64-bit. I run Calibre on both and use Calibre in both OSes to update Metadata.

I don't believe all I'm doing is changing the case of titles, but it may be possible. What is definately happening is that after I update metadata on particular ebooks, they disappear from the directory. I routinely switch from Windows to Linux and back again over the course of a day (depends on if I want to play PC games or not). I don't know when they disappear, I'm starting the whole process over again from a backup to try to check it out.

A side effect of what's happening is that the tag "format:false" does _NOT_ show these empty directories. I only realize they're empty when, after spending a day updating metadata on (for example) my 50-ish Piers Anthony books I think "Hmmm...maybe I'd like to reread one of those books" and when I go to convert it to mobi format I get an error message about missing a format to convert. Looking in the source directory, I see it's empty. The file was there before the Metadata update.

It could be a case sensitivity issue, it could be I was running conflicting versions of Calibre (do both OSes have to have the SAME EXACT version or can one be a version or two behind?)

I can limit myself to only using Windows for now, but, it sure would be nice if there would be a way to track down the cause of the deletes!

Gwen
Case Sensitivity will cause BIG problems (been there done that, my foot still hurts :/ ) XP/Ubuntu dual boot same library
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote