View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 02:53 PM   #21
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
When they make a screen technology that is easy on the eyes like e-ink but refreshes quickly enough for other applications, I'll want a sleek tablet/UMPC-type device that will be more multi-function. Until then, I'll be happy with a reader. I'm sure in 5 years we'll look back at these devices with a chuckle and marvel at how far we've come. That's just the way of things.

As for the original topic, I'm 36 but I've been wanting something like this since I was back in university. I watched the various readers come and go with interest but never got one because the issues of screens and content. If these innovations had happened earlier, I would've been under 30 with a reader. I wonder, though, if this is less an issue of age than generation. I think my generation reads more books and did when we were younger, too.
The iLiad has a quasi refresh rate. Just the fact that you can see a drawing take shape as you do it would suggest so. I understand a big part of the power drain comes from this fact.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote