Thread: 53,432 page PDF
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 08:44 AM   #11
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
At what page limit does PDFLaTeX start to crap out on you?
I don't know... and I'm not sure I want to try I had to raise max_strings, pool_size and save_size in /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf (I'm using tetex, it may be different in other TeX distributions), and it seems the .out file (for pdf bookmarks) was the most problematic part.

Quote:
And how does the 86830 page monstrum work on your Cybook Gen3?
I don't know either, but I'm afraid it could crash (reboot), it does that with another largish (and not particularly complex) PDF I created. It could be different with the new firmware when it comes out
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote