View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
woodnboats
Edge User

What I want to do is to add a small text file (the license file for my uBook reader software) at the root of the Android file system. I could not copy it anywhere at the root, or in any of the empty directories until I tried the /tmp folder, where it copied successfully. AHA! Of course! The attributes for that folder are RW, whereas the other folders are R only. And by inference, so is the root, hence the need to root the OS to be able to paste this file there. Answered my own question.

But raised another, not really eDGe related. How come uBook works on my 'Droid phone with the license in the root of the SD card. Since it does, and the uBook forums said to put it into the OS root, I assumed it was in the OS root on my phone. Not so, so there's a confllict there I need to resolve with uBook, and maybe also root my eDGe.

Thanks for your interest. We orphans must stick together.

Back to the drawing board. I've managed to copy a lot of the apps on my 'Droid from the backup file on the SD card to my eDGe via my PC, so I'm playing with them and putting off rooting for another time.

Kirk