Thread: Seriousness US Health Care Plan
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #26
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I think that the polarization has been what has made the debate about health care reform so rancorous. Years ago opponents cited the free market system as being the better approach to health insurance and pointed out the flaws they felt were inherent in national schemes and those for it pointed out that there were many people without coverage for even basic needs. They would then try to reach some middle ground of understanding, but mostly failed.

Medicaid, the program for the poor is too small, but came as the result of such engagement. Medicare, the program for the over 65 group works fairly well, but has problems unforseen in the mid sixties, such as the high cost of medications. These two programs came as a result of compromise and cooperation while having opposing views.

These days both major parties play to their "base" so much that there is no compromise. More than likely one or both houses of Congress will go to the Repbulicans this fall and then there will be seen all sorts of Democrat shenanigans to impede the Republican agenda just as there is now the same from the Republicans.

It is a very disheartening situation and getting anything done becomes more and more difficult. I realize this is somewhat off topic, but I felt the urge to give my view of why this is such a horrible situation that we find ourselves in here.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote