View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 02:58 PM   #14
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlac View Post
Just to add a slightly dissenting opinion on the "stick with free" idea: If you find an author or publisher you like, please consider supporting them and "voting with your wallet" by actually purchasing some of their non-free content. It helps keep them in business and shows the marketplace the direction you want things to move. Without that support, they may not be able to continue bringing out more of the content you like!

(And just to keep things Astak-related I will note that thinking is one of the factors in my own thinking in purchasing a Pocket Pro. They are doing things I approve of -- like wide format support and listening to the users -- so why not support that?)
I agree! I have no problem supporting writers that whose work I enjoy, both fiction & non-fiction! My political collection is quickly growing & getting ready to overtake my "mindless entertainment" novels!

I have found that the only eBook freebies I've downloaded for my iPhone are those that are in the public domain (i.e. classics like H. Rider Haggard & Jules Verne), but I don't really like the iPhone for book reading - it's just a tad too small for me. Otherwise, I love it!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote