View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Is this what you meant to say? The quote indicates that if Apple hadn't made its iPod and iPhone work with PCs it wouldn't dominate, which is agreeing with you.
To me the quote indicated that the market would be much smaller if Apple hadn't opened up to Windows but Apple would still be number 1 or 2 but less dominant than they are. I was saying that if they hadn't opened to Windows I don't think they would be number 1 or 2. If owning an iPod required owning a Mac, I don't think iPods are important enough to cause someone to buy a Mac, so Apple would have sold far fewer iPods.

Quote:
If the iPod and iPhone didn't work with Windows PCs, they would likely be a close No. 1 or No. 2 in a much smaller MP3 player market, rather than the dominant leader.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote