Thread: iLiad The iLiad OS Project
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 06:17 AM   #7
Martijn
Connoisseur
Martijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad
Sorry, what I meant was that a user-friendly, graphical front-end for ipkg might be a good idea.

Currently, for every new program you want to install, you have to download it, unzip it, place it on you iLiad and run the installer. Furthermore, you have to keep checking the website to see if there are updates.

I think it would be nice to have a program for the iLiad that allows you to select a bunch of packages, after which it process to downloading and installing them for you. That would make it easier for people to install new software.
The program can also check for newer versions of installed packages, keeping the installed software up-to-date, and it would allow for dependency checking so we can easily share ported libraries between applications.

Basically, I would like an application that is to ipkg what aptitude is to apt.
Martijn is offline   Reply With Quote