View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahdalton View Post
Kobo is a hard sell, anyway. I decided to go direct to Kobo and use Smashwords for everything except Amazon, and I still have very few sales.

My only complaint about Smashwords is the description that ends up on the distributor page. I think (unless I got it wrong - it feels like ages ago now) that there's a short word limit so you can't use the whole blurb. It makes my book look quite unprofessional on the page.

I have the same complaint with my POD. Because I'm not there to adjust and perfect my book description, it's shown in one big lump of text without paragraph breaks. It just makes it look unprofessional.
Thing is, I don't buy from Smashwords unless it's something I really want. I don't like having to clean up after the meatgrinder.

Now, I might consider buying your eBook if you hand crafted it and put it up and Kobo and B&N. But if I get a Smashwords copy, I have to fix it before I can read it. So take that as a bit of advice. Hand craft and put up good copies where possible.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote