Thread: Copyright
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 04:15 AM   #4
Luke King
Member Retired
Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Cory Doctorow is famous for using a Creative Commons license, no DRM, and even makes (some of?) his work available as free downloads from his website, though I don't know of any other author who does this (the Creative Commons license). I think (I may be wrong) he gives the ability for people to write fan-fic based on his work. I'm not sure if they can sell it, or if they have to release it under a Creative Commons license also.

If you're going to publish through Smashwords, then I'm pretty sure they specify a copyright license. I'm not sure how it would work through Amazon DTP. Copyright is automatic. You simply write copyright (symbol) (year) (your name).

I suppose if you want to give people the ability to create derivative works, then you can use a Creative Commons license. Aside from this, I don't really see the benefit of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Here's what I used for TPR. Basically, I took the first page of a paperback book and rewrote it verbatim...You'll see I even included the number line for print runs for when I alter/update things.
How does the number line for print runs work?
Luke King is offline   Reply With Quote