View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #62
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I'm with tshering, I can't think of what help putting the new firmware on the card would help. It has to boot to the point where this can be installed. Doing a factory reset does the same thing as the firmware upgrade but copies the firmware from the recoveryfs partition. If that doesn't work, then the upgrade probably won't. I also think it is important to get factory reset working as that is a quick recovery from a non-working device.

I also have to think about how to add the files. I suspect the simplest is to put the image on card, add the files and do another image. No matter what, I won't have a chance to do it for a couple of days.

And yes, check the SD card adapter. I have one that is almost impossible to insert in my laptop without moving the switch.