View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 03:53 AM   #282
Noobish
Noobish can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNoobish can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNoobish can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNoobish can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNoobish can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNoobish can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNoobish can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNoobish can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNoobish can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNoobish can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterNoobish can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiuiii View Post
Thanks for the pluggin, in general, it's great. However, I got an error:

I got a few PDF ebooks (from the same publisher) with the same ISBN extracted ....from a fax number, i.e:

Tel: +...
Fax: +... (0)1279 431059 ---> this is extracted as a ISBN number

The line of ISBN is a bit later, preceeding with ISBN ....

I wonder how the pluggin analyses the line, would it be a bug, as it should search for the keyword ISBN first (?)

Suggestion:
- Would it be possible to give an option, checking against online metadata bases with title/author/publisher... as inputs to make sure the extracted number is correct?
- When more than one ISBN are found, would it be possible to display and let the user choosing one?
- The field ISBN in Calibre can contain only one value, I wonder how to support more than one value, i.e ISBN-10, ISBN-13..
it's not a bug, some books stores information in a different way, which means that what you see isnt exactly stored in the order you see it, for example :
inside the book it could be stored like : ISBN (101)-101010100 FAX 1234567890908X
but when you see it u see like:
ISBN 1234567890908X
FAX (101)-101010100

in this case text search for isbn might fail despite of the search algorithm, you will need ocr search utility.
Noobish is offline   Reply With Quote