View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Angry Bottom buttons behaving oddly

I loaded a ton of books on the T1 last weekend, thanks to a number of recent sales, plus several library books coming available. Since then, I've been experiencing strange problems with the T1.

First problem was freezing while reading. No repeatable patter, and different books - only a soft reset would get it going again.

This persisted, and then the T1 stopped going in to standby mode - it was stuck on. Couldn't trigger it with the power button, or by waiting for it to kick in on its own.

Then the power button wouldn't shut off the reader either. Hitting the power button triggers a freeze, which requires a soft reset to reboot the reader. Open book again, and it generally freezes after 5-6 pages.

So I removed all the books I've loaded with Calibre, leaving just the Sony T1 manual. Tried to do a hard reset, but can't trigger it because of the buttons not behaving correctly.

Applied the firmware update that came out back in November. The only thing it fixed is the T1 will go into standby on its own, but still can't trigger with the power button. The firmware update also ate all the cover thumbnails, including the T1's PDF manual. I reloaded 3 books only. Less freezes, but still can't read for more than a chapter without a freeze.

Anyone have any tips? My T1 is 3 weeks past warranty, so I'm NOT very happy about this, and Sony is awful about customer service anyway.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote