View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #21953
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I've been trying to work through it with physical therapy since November, and I intend to continue on that path unless I really have to do something else. I love my PT, and he is all for avoiding surgery if possible. I do active as well as passive exercises specific to the rotator cuff (every day!) , and he does manual joint mobilizations and e-stim therapy. However, on Monday I subluxed (dislocated momentarily) my shoulder during my exercises at home, and he's concerned about the worsening instability. About 35% of people over 55 have asymptomatic rotator cuff tears, so that's why I've been trying this first -- so nobody will point to the MRI and take the easy route of assuming that must be the problem if there is a tear. At some point, though, we need a clearer picture of what is going on.

I'm pretty sure nobody would be more reluctant than I am right now to have shoulder surgery. So no, I'm not rushing in to anything. I am pretty miserable though.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote