View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #413
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPointFive View Post
I just did this procedure with my Kindle 3 with SO and it works GREAT!
It downgraded from 3.4 to 3.0.2 and the special offers are gone and original screensavers are back. Does anyone know if it will try to update back to 3.4 again once I get on wi-fi or 3G, or maybe this is a fix to remove special offers? I personally prefer the 3.0.2 version. It's what I originally had on it last year. I love how the location you are at in a book is displayed on the bottom and you don't have to hit menu for it to display because it's hidden with 3.4.
If it does update then I guess I'll have to flash it all over again and not turn on the wi-fi or 3G LoL
When I reflashed mine, It updated all the way to 3.4 without me telling it to. So either use airplane mode the whole time or disable over the air updates with a hack.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote