View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #21
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I hated most of the reading in high school, but I love to read now. I read A Tale of Two Cities in high school I was bored stiff. I read Moby Dick when I was thirty years old and thought it was a good story and character study buried in a study of whaling terms. I read Fahrenheit 451 in high school and liked it. I read Of Mice in Men in high school and liked it. I read Cannery Row this year and thought Steinbeck was a genius.

I like to think I read a good variety. I would want my kids to read a good variety of books that talk about the human condition. There are newer books in more modern language that can do that.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote