View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #18128
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I just finished "Stolen Prey," by John Sandford, an enjoyable first-rate trashy novel.
If you like a quick read with little (if any) character development and lots of action, then I can recommend this one.
If I may... There is a LOT of character development in the 'Prey' series, just not in one book alone. If you start at the beginning of the series, you can follow the development of ALL the characters. "Stolen Prey" is the 22nd book in the series, and without reading the first 21 books, does stand alone as a fun read. But you miss out on all the little growth details about Lucas, Weather, Del, Letty, the two strong-arm cops, Virgil, etc., etc., that really make the books shine! Start at the beginning and find out why Lucas was kicked off the Cops, but winds up heading the BCA, and how he and Weather found themselves together, and why Sloan left to run a bar, and what Virgil caught in the last tournament....

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I like the Sandford Virgil Flowers books better. Still trashy, but I can sort of like Virgil.
Helen
Virgil is great! I can't wait for the next installment. He's worthy of the trust that Lucas puts in him...
My wife prefers Kidd and LuEllen though. She thinks they are a good match!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote