View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 02:18 AM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Can someone explain file syncing between two different computers?

I know what it is to sync an ipod to a computer. That's simple. But syncing files between computers, like in Dropbox or Copy.com, I just can't get my head around. So I have all these files and I plop them say in Dropbox. But one of those files I would like synced between my work and home computer (both Linux btw if that matters). So I tell Dropbox which file to sync and then whatever changes I make at work on that file are on my home computer (again on that file) when I get home and turn on the computer? And whatever changes I make on that file at home when I get to work are on my work computer? I can see if I have a flash drive that I'm carrying back and forth. I can see if I'm putting the file into say Google Drive's cloud storage when I'm done. But I can't see how just working on the file in a computer is going to get the changes made in that computer to the other computer.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote