View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Set the input encoding correctly to whatever the encoding of the txt file is.
I've now made a little more sense of this - the character encoding was correct and if under text encoding I use Paragraph Style "Auto" and Formatting Style "Auto" then the document structure (Chapters etc) are correctly presented when I convert to EPUB and some Italics (not those with accented characters) are correctly rendered.

If I change to Markdown for the Formatting Style then the chapters aren't detected but the italics are properly interpreted for accented characters.

A bit of initial editing of the text file sorted this out so chapters are correctly identified in Markdown form. I now have Chapters, a TOC and correct italics.

Thanks BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote