View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #19
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
Once again, I have no doubt that the quality of the Kindle dictionaries is excellent, so there is no need for all of you to keep repeating that. The question remains: how excellent are the Kindle dictionaries as compared to the PocketBook Touch. We can keep on saying to each other that 'my reader is the best', but as long as no one has made the comparison, that does not help a lot.

The ease with which you can create dictionaries is not a reason to vote for the Kindle, because it's also easy to create dictionaries for the PocketBook. There again: unless someone does a comparison we dont know which one is easier.

All I'm reading here is opinions, not facts based on comparison. Is there really no one here who has access to both the Kindle Paperwhite and the PocketBook Touch, and can tell us about how the dictionary functions compare?

In my first two posts , I went over much more than just dictionaries. Could you maybe address some of the other features and advantages that I listed and let us know what the Pocketbook has to offer in that respect?
Also, this is not a Pocketbook vs. Kindle competition; there are many more eink readers out there. I already told you that I have never even seen a Pocketbook in real life, and, indeed, the OP was asking for our opinion about the best reader for his requirements.

Have you purchased and read foreign content on the Pocketbook? Do the RAE and Oxford come with the Pocketbook? Can you use multiple dictionaries at the same time without changing the settings? Is theree any other eink reader out there that has the above features?

The Kindle PW has a higher screen resolution, frontlit technology, and costs EURO 10 less than the Pocketbook Touch in France. Is there anything that in your mind, then, justifies the higher price?

Lastly, there is no need to compare to see which dictionary is best, as there are already established dictionaries for the languages in question here. The RAE dictionary is the dictionary to use for the Spanish language, along with the VOX, as is the Oxford dictionary, along with Collins.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
The Royal Spanish Academy (Spanish: Real Academia Espaņola, RAE) is the official royal institution responsible for regulating the Spanish language.
Quote:
The Oxford English Dictionary (OED), published by the Oxford University Press, is the self-styled premier dictionary of the English language

Last edited by xendula; 12-22-2012 at 06:19 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote