View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
Alison C
Enthusiast
Alison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite wifi
Paperwhite in, Kindle 3 out?

Hello! It's been a while since I was here, but the advice when I was buying my first Kindle was so helpful that I hope I can ask for expert views again, please.

I love my Kindle 3 (with keyboard), but the announcement that Paperwhite is launching in the UK next month means my Amazon One-Click finger is twitching. I've read about the problems that some people here have experienced with blotchy screens etc, but have also seen some very positive reviews. On balance I think the improvements (built-in light, clearer display/contrast, smaller size, no keyboard) mean I can justify the purchase to myself - but I'm open to any points I haven't thought of!

One question I would welcome help with is whether it's easy to sell or give away my current Kindle. How does that work? - would a new owner register it to their Amazon account, or do I have to do anything? Can I transfer it with all the books on it (mainly Amazon-purchased content, some books from here)? Sorry to be a numpty. I'm in the UK, if that affects any advice. Thanks in advance.
Alison C is offline   Reply With Quote