View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #27
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Please consider disabling editing of posts.

Several times I have gone to a thread to read it only to find that the original poster has edited or removed their question after it was answered. This makes it hard to know what the replies are talking about, or makes the entire thread useless. It's particularly annoying when searching for something specific only to find that the poster got their answer and then self-destructed the thread.

I realize that being able to edit a post is convenient, but the forum already provides the ability to preview a post before publishing it. An occasional typo or spelling mistake is preferable to having confusing or useless threads.

No, no, no, no, no and NO! For a number of reasons, only one of which is correcting typos. The fact that you can go back and edit previous posts forever is one of the nicest features of this forum (operationally, of course).

It would also mess up all our book nomination threads, where the details are updated in the first or second thread. It also allows updates to hack instruction threads which might otherwise be misleading or inaccurate.

Did I say no to this idea yet?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote