View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
(For the record, I'm not being paid by the writers whose work I'm editing).
Lemurion, I agree with your statement about bad editors but I disagree with your including the nonpayment disclaimer. The implication is that if an editor works for free, the editor will be a better editor. I've been a freelance editor for 26 years and very well paid for my efforts. I'm sure that in all those years there are a handful of clients who think my work terrible, but I wouldn't be able to continue a successful paid career as an editor over the course of those years if most of my clients didn't think I was a good to great editor.

Remember that sometimes old sayings are true, especially this one: You get what you pay for.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote