View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #14
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I'm trying to figure out why it's saying that this is a sentence fragment. I know my grammar isn't the best, but I don't know why this is considered a fragment:
It said that because it is correct. That is a poorly constructed sentence.

If you take the commas out and use en or em dashes it will accept it because the construction - although still clumsy - is now valid.

When things get messed up - like they have with you - bad things happen to people.

Word's grammar checker, although not brilliant, is NOT a waste of space for those who lack grammatical skills. It will show areas of grammatical contention even if it does not always provide an ideal correction. Remember also that it can be fine tuned in options. It offers a lot that is useful for novice writers in its style options.
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote