View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #36
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Seeing as the computer is the one controlling the format, I fail to see what logic is behind not formating the sd card while its inserted in the Kobo. The only thing that comes to mind is a fluctuations in the voltage causing issues. Would you Care to elaborate as to your suggestion of never formating while in the kobo? I am curious about the logic and reasoning behind this.

regards

Jack
I don't trust the card readers in ereaders or most other entertainment devices, due to fluctuations in voltage, odd driver problems, or cheap construction. I've never seen a format go right using one - the only times they work without a hitch, in my experience, is if you've got it plugged directly into the computer with a single USB-to-whatever adapter, or on a device with native MicroSD/SD slots. I don't know if the SD reader in the Kobo uses all the pins correctly - it may not use all the data pins, or the command line pin, as an example.

Basically, it may read things okay, but won't be fully functional. If I want to do anything complex to a card, I use a good reader or USB adapter which fully supports the specs of the memory card.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote