View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
@MrWarper: Since a lot of the stuff that I work with is pdf produced from a TeX source and I am more and more using e-readers, I have been hunting for a TeX to epub/mobi solution (in fact via html), so far without any real success.
Are you saying a tex to html with a good html reader for the e-reader would be an option? Even for complex formulas ?
I think we're close but not quite on the same wavelength here...
I haven't got to writing formulae yet ; ) Anyway... apparently everyone still writes their formulas in TeX (so I'll take the guess MathML still sucks), and converts them. What could we work with? I don't know, but I'd go for whatever wikipedia uses. They're obviously using TeX as formulae input and getting browser-ready output, and I know (just checked in fact) there are several output options.
Can "it" be run on e-readers? Even with a computer-in-the-middle approach (I assume this will be a necessary evil for quite a while), can the output be tweaked to be displayed on readers? That should be easier to test.
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote