View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Other than a wireless router, which you plug it into, what other hardware would you need?
Yes - but if on the move that means you need to carry a wireless router around! Agreed these can be very small (e.g. this ), but it would have been better if that was built-in functionality.

The Apotop device I mentioned earlier can also function as a router so it may be a better alternative as it also support SD cards and USB drives.

The potential advantage I see of the Transporter is that it looks like it can emulate may of the popular cloud sync services and ths work with existing clients. Not sure if this is really true or I am reading something into its description that is not actually there.

Last edited by itimpi; 10-30-2013 at 08:35 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote