Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #1209
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Do I have to do something to enable hyphenation?

Before I installed the JBPatch, I'd get the occasional short line where the next word was too long to fit on the previous line. Now the short line is
spread out like this
to make sure that the right margin is fully justified. I'd rather it had a short line than that, if there's an option, but even more, I'd rather there was a hyphenated word.

thanks!
Are you sure that the book is in .azw or .mobi format? Sounds like an .azw3 book, where JBPatch can't do anything.

That said, if it *is* a mobi book, and has the correct language metadata, then yes, hyphenation should work. You can enable "occasional ragged lines" from the patch options. And you can check the jbpatch log file on the system tab of the UI, to see if there are any warnings. More documentation on the Wiki.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote