View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #11
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Calibre conversions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
Calibre is everything you need to manipulate or convert any ebook format to any other, start to finish. It'll even do it on the fly if, say, you try to send an epub to a kindle device.
I have ePub protected books which I've read on my Sony Reader. Can I convert them to Amazon Kindle format and remove the Sony copy protection in the process with Calibre?

I do know I can copy any parts of books I can read on my PC and paste them into Word. From Word I can send them to my Kindle to a special email address where they are automatically converted to Kindle format for my own personal use.

I've only done this for Bible reference material for use in Bible Studies at my Church.

It would be nice if all the eBook publishers used a standard, protected format so we could read them on any brand of eReader. Then we could buy eBooks anywhere no matter what eReaders we own and interchange the eReaders as we feel.

When we buy a pBook, the publisher and author receive their fees. When we buy an eBook they also receive their fees. We should have a license to read an eBook anywhere once we pay those fees.

Right now my wife uses the Sony reader and I use the Amazon Kindle. If we want to read the same book, I have to buy TWO copies. That does not seem equitable to me. To fix that, she will have to start using an Amazon Kindle as well.

Since Amazon has the best eReaders around, in my opinion the present arrangement will result in Amazon eventually getting a monopoly on ALL eBooks published and will end all it's competition in eReaders and eBooks.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-13-2011 at 12:31 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote