View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I have not seen any info on the SoCs. Note that the Kobo and B&N Touch devices are relatively new and both use a 800 MHz clock, but the Kobo (and the iRiver HD) have a Freescale i.MX508 vs a TI OMAP3621 on the B&N. If I had to guess I would vote for the Freescale on the Kindle and (perhaps) the TI on the Sony.

EDIT: the Kindle 4 is using an i.MX50 family cpu, see Analyzing Kindle 4.0. Probably the same on the Kindle Touch.
Your link there (corrected above) gives this info on clock:

The Kindle 4 is built for the iMX50 (800MHz ARM Cortex A8) platform.
The Kindle 3 is iMX35 (532MHz ARM).
The Kindle 2/DX is iMX3 (400MHz ARM).

I assume those are the actual in-device running clock rates.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote