View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #166
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'm just getting into the idea of "cutting the cable" or in my case DirecTV. I've got a Boxee Box and my Blu-Ray does a few things such as Amazon VOD and have a 4TB Lacie NAS from which to stream stuff, but I'm still kind of in the investigation stage and not quite ready to drop the dish yet. One problem I'm running into right now is that my DSL connection is only 3Mbps (when it works) and that's the fastest I can get here. SD content streams fine, but HD stuff is no go a lot of the time. Guess it's time to see what kind of a connection I can get from Comcast. I just wish we had the broadband options/rates places like the UK seem to have.

At least this makes it sound better and cheaper across the pond...
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/28/w...-the-governme/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote