View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #9
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool replaced mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by halii View Post
I was using my kindle to read a book. After a few pages in on this particular time, i started seeing the traces of the last page on every new page. It wasn't too annoying and i figured i needed a reset...until I got to a new chapter with a lot of ornate crap around the edge of the screen (a picture, basically), at the beginning of the chapter.

That stuck, and didn't go away. I tried to do a restart, but nothing. now it looks like this wont' go away.

There's been no impact to the kindle ever that i remember, and no opportunity for it to get slammed that i can think of in the last 2 weeks, it's just been on a coffee table and in my hands, which is why i'm confused. I haven't slammed the kindle around at all and it was working just fine in my hands when the problem occurred, totally weird. What is this and can it be fixed?
yep, that sure looks like one to me. amazon kindle customer support replaced my knidle 2 (over 2 years old, never bought extra insurance) for a cracked (actually broken in two pieces, that i didn't cause) 5-way. that was done for free and they paid to have me send the damaged one back after i received the replacement. remember let them call you back after you use the kindle support page to ask for the call. they call back right away.

Last edited by alansplace; 06-20-2011 at 08:03 PM.
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote