View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
The importance of sleep is covered in chapter 15 and the retarding effect of fatigue and the mental "second-wind" are covered in chapter 13. I read this book (from Manybooks.net; thanks, Patricia, for converting it for MR) last fall and was quite impressed with how current it remains. I wish I had read it and taken it seriously when I was young. I was particularly affected by Kitson's comments about the neurological importance of habits to thought processes. Sounds perfectly obvious but the obvious sometimes isn't paid much attention to - certainly not by me!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote