View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 01:07 AM   #25
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Another question I have .. is it legal to take books from PG, convert them to some other format and sell them? I've just found an auction on ebay for the Dr. Thorndyke books in Acrobat format. In fact, this idiot seems to be selling a LOT of PG books
AFAIK, yes. They are on PG because the content is in the public domain. You can do anything you want with it, including sell it.

PG insists you remove their boilerplate if you do something like that, but there's nothing to stop you from doing it.

I know a chap who takes PG etext, typesets them and adds covers, and sells them as actual printed books via print-on-demand technology. He's doing very well from it. (And expressed bemused wonder a while back when he got his statements and discovered just how well, like "Holy crap! I'm rich!".

It's obvious the folk who buy the eBay seller's offerings aren't aware of Munseys or Manybooks...
_______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote