Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #289
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
These days I very rarely open the menu at all, hence my comment. My starting point is that there should be a low-battery warning that flashes up on the screen at about 10% (though ideally it would be configurable), just like most other portable devices manage with no difficulty.

To be fair, I rarely let anything I own get to such a low battery state, but it is annoying when my reader does it when I'm not in a position to do anything about it! I know that the way to do it is to flick to the menu every time I switch on, or to put it on charge every morning when I'm not reading and the mobile is not using the cable, but somehow that seems too "un-booklike" ...
Well said. I think a middle of the screen pop-up that is configurable would be worth a lot, because the 10% and down bit occurs very rapidly, far less than half an hour as I recall from last night. Being configurable would give people a chance to match it to their usage style. The indication only being visible if you press the center of the screen for a menu or to check the battery makes the text warning at 10% completely superfluous.

OTOH, I'm with Peakcrew as far as charging of lithium powered devices goes, I tend to charge in the 30-40% range as a matter of course.

Now that my test is over, I need to figure out how to learn to stop looking at the clock so much when I'm reading!
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote